Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Gift


Ever since we moved to Utah, I have been desperately missing the flower beds we had in our last home. I had my flower beds all figured out. Flowers just make me happy! I loved getting up early, while the dew was still on the leaves and flowers and weeding my flower beds. I loved to see how things would grow, replanting and finding out what worked, where and what didn't work. I didn't care for digging and dividing the perennials, but would enjoy sharing with my neighbors. I would sit out and enjoy the butterflies, bees and hummingbirds. I have been so sad for the past 2 years of not having this in my life. For Mother's Day, Ed built this retaining wall/flower bed for me in front of our house. I have planted it with perennials (salvia, delphinium, rock cress, blanket flowers) and a few annuals (lobelia, my favorite). I can't wait for it to take off. It's the best Mother's Day present. THANKS ED!!!

1 comment:

Kikibug said...

It is BEAUTIFUL! Looks even better in real life!! Great job Ed.