Thursday, March 26, 2009

Put a Check next to Run a Race!

I completed my first official race last weekend at the Canyonlands Half Marathon and 5 Mile Run in Moab. My friend Nissa and I had personal best. Super excited to have done that for myself. I have lost close to 20 lbs (I know it doesn't look like it) training for the race. Every single part of my body has hurt over the past 3 months with the combination of running, yoga and weight training. Thanks to Nissa for allowing herself to be convinced to do this and thanks Ed for coming to the gym with me everyday and slowing your pace on those Saturday runs.
Nissa and Me Pre-Race

Who woulda thought, me running!?!

8 comments:

Dacia said...

How awesome! I know, I hate running, but it's true that you feel good once you get used to it. I'm not sure I can work myself up to that "used to" feeling again. Anyway, congrats to you for losing 20lbs. I'd love to do that!

Cami said...

Way to go!! How inspiring! You look great Yolanda.

Emmie Coggins said...

You are my hero. And you do look fabulous!

Diane said...

You rock!

Pinky Homer said...

Wow! Actually I can see you running before I can ever imagine Nissa running ... hahaha! Way to go for convincing her and for finishing the training and race ... that's something to be admired...and BTW it shows a lot! Congrats.

Jen said...

We to go that is great!!

The Breakwell Family said...

Awesome! Good for you! I am definitely not a runner, but always thought it would be cool to run a marathon. Definitely would be a big accomplishment for me too. I'm feeling inspired...maybe I'll have to talk to you about getting me running. Hmmmm...it would probably help me lose the last 10 pounds of baby weight that are still hanging around! Congrats on your accomplishments!

Jolley's said...

You are awesome! That is such a great accomplishment. Way to go!