Monday, February 22, 2010

Oh My!!!

Well I have not posted in a while.....it's all for the better because I have been in quite a funk. So it's probably for the best. As I was vacuuming (I do my deep thinking in the shower and while vacuuming), I was thinking I need to just post my angst, and I got myself all psyched to do it, but then I thought better of it because I will just come off as a psycho, not that I don't already, because I'm pretty sure I do. We'll see what I end up doing, I will just need to vacuum the rest of the house and take longer showers before I decide how to proceed.
In the meantime, while I sort out my dilema, I had a high school friend (thanks Gina) post this on her facebook status a few weeks ago and I absolutely love this.

I am strong because I am weak.
I am beautiful because I know my flaws.
I am a lover because I am a fighter.
I am fearless because I have been afraid.
I am wise because I have been foolish.
I can laugh because I've known sadness.
-Unknown
This has become my mantra. After two years of weekly therapy, this has so much meaning for me.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Psycho? I have never even considered using that word to describe you! The words that come to mind are creative, talented, classy, down to earth, real, beautiful, fun, friend, determined...I could keep going, really! I hope you work things out while you vacuum and shower, seriously, whatever works.

Thanks for sharing that poem, it is really thought provoking...I need to read a couple more times and write it down. :)