Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

I'd like to take some blog space and dedicate this posting to my Father, Luis. I can't say enough about how much I love this wonderful man. He is not perfect, but he has tried to be the best father that he can be, of that I am sure. He grew up without a father and at a very young age, he also lost his mother to cancer. My father didn't get any thing past an elementary school education, but always searched for knowledge. He grew up in poverty, but I've never heard him complain about it. He has always been an example to me of hard work, dedication and integrity despite hard times and trials. My father has been a "blue collar" worker all his life. In all my years of growing up, I never heard him complain to his children about the menial jobs he would do. He gently pushed me to be who I am and led me to believe that I could do anything I set my mind to. My father has always been a quiet man. When he talks we (my brothers and I) listen. I am so thankful that as each year passes, I get to know my father more and that I have the opportunity to still continue to learn and gain wisdom from my father.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Amen Yo!! AMEN!!