Sunday, June 21, 2009

Strawberry Days 5K & Kids Run

Ever since Ed ran the Salt Lake Marathon on '08, Brennan has been really upset that we didn't sign him up to run the Kid's Mini-Marathon, so this year we signed him up for the 1/2 mile Kids Run as part of the Strawberry Days Festivities. He was so cute, because he has known about it for a long time and got some "running shoes" and started "training" with Ed. They ran to the park and back for several weeks as part of the "training schedule". He was so excited and I had no trouble getting him up early that day. Brennan did really well. There were 12 finishers in the Male 5 to 6 age group and 67 finishers in the race. His overall finish place was 28 and his age group finish place was 4. His time of 4:30.6 which gave him a 9:00 pace per mile.
Ed also decided at the last minute to run the 5K. He has not run in a race in quite a while, so he was excited about that. I'm sure he would rather I did not publish his results ;-)
I'd like to add, that I also ran 5K that same morning, 2 hours earlier, except there was no one cheering me on. I had a personal best and felt like puking afterwards. I was thankful that it was only 3 miles and not the 6.5 miles I ran the week before or the 8 miles that I "get to" run next week.
Ryan was home asleep while all this was going down. Smart boy!

Ed coming into the Finish Line

Brennan in the middle

My cute Runners

No comments: