Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Small Changes

Last week I undertook a little home project. I decided that I wanted to paint the floor vent registers that go on the wood floors. The white registers had never bothered me because it matched all the mouldings in the house, but as I started to think about it, I thought, the white registers were a little shocking against the walnut wood floors. So I found a Krylon Brushed Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze spraypaint that will compliment the existing hardware and fixtures.
I like the change, but now the registers seem shocking against the mouldings. The jury is still out....what do you think?

BEFORE:

AFTER:

2 comments:

Merrilynne Harrington said...

Hey Yo---
You make me laugh! That would be SO me to try to matchy-match registers to molding then registers to hardware.

Since I know what your hardware looks like, I would say "Kudos" to the change. I'm sure it looks lovely!

I think it's a nice idea to have your registers blend in with the floor....and bonus points that they also match the bronzed hardware!

Now, here's my dilemma. My white registers are now going to bug me! They are on light tile...so I guess they should probably remain white and match the molding? Haha!

Yoli said...

Hey Mer!!
No, you make me laugh! I don't know why I had not thought of it sooner. I think if you have light tile, you should stick with the white. I stuck with the white on our carpet, I just did the ones on the wood floors.