Monday, August 11, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

So this weekend was awesome. The boys went to Bear Lake for the weekend. I wasn't invited (that's a whole other story). They left on Friday and I was a "cleaning machine". I cleaned my whole house, organized things I've been putting off, washed all the sheets, washed my car, washed the car mats, spot treated the stains the carpet in the car, got ahead in work, scrubbed toilets, you name it I did it. This is where it gets good..... after my crazy day of cleaning, I went and got a massage, I came home, ate an uninterrupted dinner, watched 2 movies, took a bath, gave myself a facial and read til 3 a.m. My Saturday, was more of the same, watched movies, read some more, worked out, another bath, loaded on more music to my i-tunes. On Sunday, I got ready for church, so peacefully, in the right frame of mind. I didn't yell at any body to hurry it up or fought with my kids who don't want to go to church. I eat when I want to eat (I seriously think my family is making me fat), more reading, watched the Olympics. It was bliss!!!!!! Yes, I missed them, I'm glad they're back, but I feel like I'm ready to tackle life again after a weekend off.

3 comments:

Griffin Family said...

Good for you for cleaning! I need your motivation!

cheraeecalono said...

We need to coordinate and get our families out at the same time so that you can come over and organize my house as well. Whenever your up for a day at the spa, give me a call.ej

Cami said...

What I wouldn't give....
You sure accomplished a lot! What a treat for you to have so much time for yourself, mom's need more of that. :) Miss you!