Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Report

This is one of the very few years in our 19 years of marriage that we have not gone to California for Christmas. I was pretty sad about it, but it turned out to be great. We kept things simple and enjoyed some quality family time with the start of some new traditions. Here is a little synopsis:

Ed & Ryan after opening presents and waiting for our new tradition of French Toast casserole. A BIG THANKS to Melissa Griffin for the recipe and syrup. My family thought I was a rockstar! I made it the night before and popped it in the oven before opening presents.

Brennan playing in the snow. Can't get that in the California Desert.

Brennan's personally decorated cookies for Santa.

The boys decorating a Gingerbread House. Can I just say I LOVE these premade kits! Such a time, mess and money saver.

6 comments:

Cami said...

I really want the french toast recipe (clbodrero@gmail.com). We love breakfast food around here.

I too am fan of the gingerbread house kits...the only way to go.

Happy New Year, I hope it is awesome!

Yoli said...

French Toast Casserole
1 loaf of French bread, cubed
8 oz cream cheese, chilled and cubed
12 eggs
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup maple syrup

1. Put half of the cubed bread into a greased 9x13 dish.
2. Layer the cream cheese on top of bread.
3. Put the rest of the bread on top of the cream cheese layer.
4. Mix together the eggs, milk and syrup.
5. Pour over the bread and cream cheese. Maing sure all the bread is wet.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until done. You may need to place foil over the top of the casserole to prevent it from burning.

Griffin Family said...

I'm so happy you liked the casserole and syrup!! I make it for Christmas morning every year!! I'll give you the recipe for the syrup so you can have it more often!

Dacia said...

We're usually in Cali for Christmas too, but it was so nice to be at our own home this year. Just chillin and doing nothing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, love your trees!!! They are so cute. I also loved Melissa's syrup. It tastes like heaven. We need to start a tradition for next year. Maybe, I'll try that casserole since you guys loved it. I'm too scared of anything that has too many ingredients, but you can always trust Melissa cause it's always really great. :) Your family is sooo cute and your profile message made me laugh. You're too funny.

Anonymous said...

Awesome trees Yo. I love the premade stuff too. Iwas such a stickler for homemade gingerbread houses until I tried the kits this year. I love them and may never go back to baking the house 2 days before then making the frosting then buying the candy . . blah blah blah. Awesome@@!!)Julie Vanauker