Friday, January 30, 2009

Props to My Girl Kiki

I have some great friends, but I really need to give a "shout-out" to one person in particular. This is going to embarass my friend Kiki...but she knows I love her!
This is my friend Kiki. She is also my neighbor. I have known her for almost 3 years, and from the very moment I met her, I felt very comfortable with her and we started talking immediately about some really "deep" things and became fast friends. She has that effect on people. I don't think I am the only one.
The last couple years have been really hard for me on a very personal level and she has always been there for me. She offers a listening ear without judgement, a shoulder to cry on, an open heart with love and understanding and words to inspire and comfort.
She is one of the most honest people I know. She has no problem pointing out her own weaknesses and faults, which is so refreshing. It has taught me that it is okay to be imperfect as long as you are aware of it and trying to change. I don't have to BS with her, she accepts me for who I am and there is no superficial crap to muddle through. She is also one of the most "aware" people I know. The last year I started a journey of self-awareness and I think she is the only one that "gets me" and can speak my language. In Ed's professional opinion, she is "highly developed".
On a lighter note....the girl is hilarious. She always makes me laugh, pee in my pants laugh! She's from the South, you should hear her say the word "oil"... it's cute. She is the only one I can call or IM and say "wassup dog" "fo' sheezy" "fo' shizzle my nizzle" etc. and totally get it and banter back (LOL). She is so fun and has "Joie de vivre". She is a beautiful person, inside and out.
Kiki, if you read this (eventually, if Wyatt gives you a break), you are the bomb. I love you so much, "my sistah from anotha motha"!

5 comments:

Kikibug said...

That made my day, a tiny bit embarrassing, but mostly sweet!!!

I honestly am honored that someone who I respect SO much thinks this highly of me!

I love you SO much! I want to say more but I will cry!

Pinky Homer said...

Kiki IS amazing isn't she. She does have a gift to make everyone feel so loved, accepted and like you are her world when you are around her ... and she is the best friend to MANY ... how does she do it? Thanks for putting it so perfectly.

Photography by Julie V said...

THat is awesome!! Yo - I think it is sista from anotha mista
Julie

Cami said...

I love Kiki too! What a nice tribute!

Merrilynne Harrington said...

You summed up Kiki perfectly! I love her so much too...and you! This post made me smile!