Friday, January 2, 2009

Decorating Nightmare Revisited

Someone asked me for an update on what happened with my decorating help "shoutout" when decorating the foyer at Ed's work. As you recall, I was having a really difficult time with the burgundy walls, black and white checkered marble floor and what type of seating arrangement and pattern and textures I should use.
Thanks so much for those of you that posted on my blog and offered your suggestions. I took them all to heart. I did end up using the settee because it was so darn cute. I was concerned about what to combine with it, but these chairs worked out perfectly. I did need to ground the space with a rug. We tried like 3 different rugs that weren't the right color, size or texture. We found a rug at Target (my favorite store) that had the colors I wanted, but not the right size, so we got two of them and took them to a carpet place to get it bound together. They didn't think they could do it because of the backing, but they worked miracles. You can't even see any seams. I do wish it were a little plusher, but it works for now.
The table was also a problem. I didn't want to add in another wood or use glass, but this was a find that Ed found all on his own. It has a suede/microfiber suface. Perfect for the space.
My next projects are decorating my bedroom and scrapbook room.

2 comments:

Cami said...

It turned out fabulous! What a warm and inviting space. Good job!

Griffin Family said...

The room looks great!! You did a really good job!!