Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pulled in Different Directions Rant

The above picture describes what my month of July has looked like! Quick story about this picture: I was driving down Geneva Rd somewhere between Orem and Lindon and I saw this mess on the side of the road. I had to turn around and take the picture because it totally reminded me of what my life feels like sometimes. It really made me chuckle!
So, on to my mess on the side of the road. Busy month and no time to blog, I thought summer was suppose to slow things down, not for me, I have been super busy, trying to balance life, work, the boys, relationships.......Here's the breakdown:
  • Work - has been very busy, covering for some of my co-workers this month has kept me busy working some extra hours. I don't mind it at all, but it does get me a little stressed about spending less time with the boys. Having this job is really a big blessing in my life, can't complain.
  • The Boys - well, it's summer and they are mostly bored. Ryan is busy working his odd jobs around the neighborhood. So proud that he earns his own money. It has made him more conscientious about what we spend money on. Brennan watches way too much tv and spends way too much time playing video games. I am feeling a lot of guilt about it. So the past 1 1/2 weeks I have stepped it up by trying to get him out of the house and spend more time doing things. We've gone to the pool twice, played legos, gone to lunch, gone out for donuts, window shopped, Chuck E. Cheese, we have a couple more activities planned in the next few days. Ryan is off at Scout High Adventure Camp, climbing King's Peak this week. He was not thrilled, but I am glad he went. Ed and I are putting out positive vibes that he has a good time.
  • Ed - has been a dear lately. He has had a lot of stress at work as of late and is suffering from a bad back that is going on two month now. He is in quite a bit of pain, but is trying to stay positive. Last week, he was suppose to take some time off of work, but various crisis at work prevented him from doing so. He hardly ever takes time off and has been working some extra long hours. Case in point, last Saturday he worked from 8 am to midnite. On Sunday, he had to go in from 6 pm to midnite and yesterday he left here at 7:30 am and didn't get home until midnite (oh, and he doesn't get paid overtime).
  • Myself - I have been feeling quite a bit of anxiety lately. Trying to pin down the source, but nothing specific yet. Things that may be contributing to it, not getting enough exercise. I have been quite a exercise slacker lately. I just wanted to take a few days off that has turned into probably 3 weeks. The good news is, my knees feel FANTASTIC! The bad news is, I'm still a slacker, dreading restarting exercising and the muscle pain. This is how bad it's been..... I have not even been to Yoga (and if you know me, you know I don't miss yoga for nobody), so I am NOT feeling "one with the universe", (could definitely be a contributor to the anxiety). Have had some interesting moments of self-awareness, I will try to share those more often. I will post one tomorrow that happened to me this morning, but I am losing steam.

1 comment:

Amy J said...

Yes, I am a blog stalker. Sorry. I had to comment on this one. It felt like I was just reading something out of the "amy" book. Seriously. I totally hear you on this. It's so hard to not find more things to make you more upset when you are already mad. That didn't make any sense. Anyway, I feel you. I love your "side" of the garage. Your labeling is fantastic!