Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Break Part II - The Country Life

While we were in Colorado, we had some fun times. We also did some rednecky things (no offense). We went shooting (I'm still a good shot, so don't mess with me), Ed and I went on a 5 mile run to Fruit Growers Reservoir, we went on a walk with Dale and Mary to see the new irrigation system on the Vela Ranch (I learned a lot), we went swimming (6 laps in an Olympic pool after running 5 miles, not a good idea), Ryan and Paxton played racquetball, I read a lot of People magazine (guilty pleasure), ate a lot of yummy food (canceled out the 5 mile run and swim), Paxton and Ryan shot everything with their Airsoft guns, Paxton got his butt kicked in Scrabble by Mary, slept in every day (thanks for saving us breakfast Mary), had a bonfire and s'mores, hunted for snakes and frogs with Brennan, Ryan and Paxton rerouted the creek through the ranch (why?, I don't know) and so much more. Loads of fun!!!

Me shooting the Glock, I think Ed was concerned I was going to fall over
Brennan getting in on the action

Horses running inthe pasture, they look so awesome when they are running. Picture doesn't do them any justice.

Paxton and Ryan with their make-shift holsters for their Airsoft guns

Brennan and his friend Snakee

Paxton kicked everyones butt at shooting.

Ryan, check out his sexy boots and shorts look.


Ed throwing the clay pigeons, Grandpa Dale took a break after he threw one at the car.


I'm still a decent shot after 19 years.

1 comment:

Shane and Ashley Richins said...

(regarding photo #1) Was he afraid you were going to fall over or turn around? Hmmm...