Wednesday, December 9, 2009

20 Years!

Today is Ed and I's 20, yes you hear right TWENTY year Anniversary. A couple years back, I started to save up for a big celebration of 20 years. I thought, we're gonna do this right....well then the economy tanked and Ed's income got cut by more than half, so my $$$ that was tucked away was used for things like groceries, clothing for growing boys and utilities. No fancy trips, cruises, weekend away to celebrate 20! Do I sound bitter? I am! I really was thinking ahead and had saved up a lot of dough, but oh well, we still got a roof over our heads!

Ok, on a more serious note, there was a time in the very recent past that we didn't think we would make it this far. We've had some extremely rough patches lately, lots of heartache and headache. Alot of facing our demons, being honest and confronting our fears. Two solid years of therapy so far, and here we still are. There are days when I'm not sure we have another year in us, but then there are days when I feel we have an eternity ahead of us. Not sure, where we'll end up, it's been a wild ride so far, but I'm glad to be on the ride and have Ed beside me. Our marriage is stronger than it has ever been, yet I am more aware of how fragile our relationships are. We have to care for them, nurture them, take risks, be vulnerable and nourish them daily. I have learned so much these past 2 years that I wish I would have known sooner, but at least I know it now and for this we must celebrate! Happy Anniversary to Ed and me!

1 comment:

Dacia said...

Congrats on 20 years! That's quite a long time. So glad that you're still together and that you are working on your relationship. Bummer that your saved up money is gone, but maybe someday right :)