Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Topiaries

I saw these super cute topiaries at Gardner Village after Thanksgiving. I absolutely love them. However, they were $80 for the set. I'm going to make them. The bases are regular candle holders in 3 different sizes. Each tree is a styrofoam cone. From what I can tell, the fabric was dipped in liquid starch and scrunched and pinned with a metal staple.
I priced out some similar candle holders, I can get all three for under $25 (paying full price). I have gone to 2 different craft stores and no surprise....all sold out of cones!
The staples are metal and are "squiggly", not sure where to find those. I haven't gone to Home Depot yet to see what my options are. I also need some fabric. If anyone has some cute remnants of fabric, I am accepting donations. I want to use similar colors because they really look well together.
I'm hoping I can make them before Christmas, if not, I have a full year 'til next Christmas.

2 comments:

Jolley's said...

oh man those are so cute! I may have to attempt a set myself (we have no store close to as cute as Gardners Village anyways). I can't wait to see your finished product!

Cami said...

These are cute! The dollar tree has styrofoam cones...maybe you checked there. I will be added these to my list of things to do for next years decor! Be sure to post your finished product...:)