Sunday, October 5, 2008

Darn Dancer's Pose


For those of you who know me, you know that I have been practicing Yoga off and on for many years and that I am an aspiring wanna-be Yogi . I have never had a bad experience with yoga until Thursday night while I was at my yoga class. I was in the middle of Dancer's Pose when I started to feel a kink in my back, it came out of nowhere, and I was surprised because I have done this pose hundreds of other times and I didn't feel like I was pushing myself. I asked myself, "what could have caused this"? and I realized that my water intake was zero that day. I don't know if that is the reason, but I do know that you can be more prone to injury if you are dehydrated. The result.... I have been in pain almost all weekend with a pulled muscle. Reminder to self, drink more water!

5 comments:

Merrilynne Harrington said...

Man! I've been wanting to do some yoga. Maybe I should have you coach me! And Taco Amigo? Yummy? I love their glaciers too! Don't tempt me!

Linda Winegar said...

oh man...that sucks. So sorry you're in pain. Hopefully it goes away soon. I love Taco Amigo too! I better go and drink some more water.

Kikibug said...

Ouch, Sorry. I hope you feel better!

Marian said...

yolanda,

I love taco amigo ! they have great food and great shakes. Good luck with your yoga recovery. I hope you feel better soon. Marian

Shane and Ashley Richins said...

Let me know when you go to yoga next, I miss it!