Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ode to the Peach Shake


Have you ever had the Peach Shakes from Taco Amigo? Yum...................... oh sorry, I lost my concentration. They are pretty incredible. For those of you not familiar with the Taco Amigo Peach Shake, please, allow me to explain. The peach shake is a seasonal menu item at Taco Amigo because they use fresh peaches. Taco Amigo claims that they peel the peaches within hours of having a shake made for you. I have found that the later you go in the season, the better the shakes are because the peaches are riper and tastier. I discovered the Taco Amigo peach shake last year, on the very last day they were serving them. I dreamt about the Peach Shake all fall, winter, spring and summer and was glad to see when the Taco Amigo marquis sign announced the return of the Peach Shake. I have to admit that I had 4 Peach Shakes this season (not all at the same time, @1/week), each one successively becoming tastier. Yesterday was the last day of the yummy Peach Shakes at Taco Amigo. My friend Diane, who is obsessed, no, a peach freak, called me up and reminded me that it was the last day. She was so kind as to bring me my last Peach Shake of the season. I am deeply indebted to her. Thanks Diane!! We were just about to solve the US economic crisis over our Peach Shakes.

Farewell Peach Shake, until next year.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Mmmm....Peaches.
All the world's problems could be solved if everyone sat at the same table and sucked down a Taco Amigo Fresh Peach shake together!

BTW your friend sounds so awesome ;)

Marian said...

I too am a big fan of the peach shake. It is very sad that it's only seasonal, but look at the bright side. If you love egnog, egnog shake seson is just around the corner

Kikibug said...

I NEED to taste one of these. I will have to try it next year, but eggnog sounds pretty amazing too!