Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's the Little Things

This is really quite silly. But, I am super excited about two thing right now. So here goes item #1...

I have always wanted to get dinner plate chargers to set a nice table for special occassions, but have never gotten around to getting any. This week I got the circular from Bed, Bath & Beyond where they were advertising 6 chargers for $9.99. So I thought, "wow, that sounds like a good deal, I'll buy 2 sets and use my $5 off coupon". I go to BBB today and I'm looking at them and I think, "do I really need these? No, I'm going to pass, I shouldn't spend the money". I'm looking around some more because I like to "window shop" and behold in the clearance section are almost the identical chargers, sold individually. The are regularly priced at $4.99, marked down to $1.99, then 50 per cent off the lowest marked price. I get 12 for $1 each, plus I use my $5 off coupon. Hooray. I have a set of chargers. Sillly, I know, but it's the little things.


Item #2

Check out these cute boots my mom got me:



4 comments:

Diane said...

Awesome stuff! We need to go shopping together!

Cami said...

I love bargains! I feel so excited for you...I know the thrill and exhilaration of getting something for a smokin' deal. The chargers are pretty. You rock Yolanda! Cute boots too.

Kikibug said...

Dang those boots are AWESOME!! I might have to come over and steal them. Great deal on the chargers!! They are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

SWEET! I totally understand your logic there. I love the boots and just in time for the crazy snow days in the middle of falling leaves. $1 man those are a good deal, I too have wanted cute chargers. I'll have to keep the good deal in mind because I too didn't want to spend too much on them.