Wednesday, October 22, 2008

National Public Radio

Last week being Fall break the boys and I went on a road trip to California, then Mexico. Part of our 10 1/2 hour drive was filled with National Public Radio (NPR). I gotta say, I love NPR and I miss it. Back in my career days, when I had a 45 minute drive into downtown Denver, I would listen to NPR every weekday. My head was filled with random tidbits of information that I often found very useful. My colleagues were amazed by my knowledge on all sorts subjects, my sentences would often begin with, "I heard an interesting story on NPR this morning...". I was exposed to different types of music through their artist profiles, I heard differing views on many subjects and heart wrenching stories on people.
As you can imagine, currently there are a lot of stories on NPR focusing on the national and global economy. There was even a story on how to talk to your children about the economy and your personal financial situation. This opened up a great topic of conversation for the boys and I. They asked questions about how the economy affects us and our family. It was great to get that opportunity to discuss with them something that had been pressing on my mind. Thanks NPR, I feel smarter already.

No comments: