Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Rock !!!!!

So, in the last year I have discovered that I have a "bucket list". It's nothing that I have ever admitted or written down, but things that I have in my head about things that I want to do, pursue or try before I die. Most recently, I've been able to accomplish one of those items thanks to my new visiting teacher, Jessica. I mentioned to her on a visit that I really have been wanting to try rock climbing and what do you know? She is a rock climber! Score! She said they were going that Saturday and invited me to go with them. I readily said yes, but then got nervous because I wasn't sure I would be able to do it. I wasn't sure I was strong enough since I had been on hiatus from strength training due to concentrating on my running. Jessica didn't think it would be an issue because I practice power yoga regularly.
The following Saturday, Jessica picked me up and another gal, Judy and we went up to American Fork Canyon. Jessica is an amazing instructor. She really took the time to teach me the "ropes" (haha, I couldn't resist). She didn't do for me, she actually taught me about knots, terms, and answered all my questions. She made it look so easy, made me feel at ease and offered amazing encouragement. She praised my strength and abilities, which made me feel amazing. She said the yoga was definitely paying off. Pointed out that I had done a more advanced move, "a mantle" (look it up). I felt on top of the world, okay, on top of a big rock. I enjoyed it thoroughly and it is something I would really like to do more of. However, I did mention to her, that I may be a fair weather climber, because it was so cold!

Jessica, making it look so easy.

Spiderwoman, that's me!

Me again!

On my way down!

1 comment:

Cami said...

That is awesome! You are so ambitious and not afraid of trying new things. I find that quality in you inspiring!