Thursday, October 1, 2009

Running like Crazy or Crazy Runner?
My September has also been filled with "pounding the pavement", or in my case, mostly "pounding the treadmill" which has resulted in a pounding of my poor body. I really had not let too many people know because then it would become too real and I was in denial about the craziness I had got myself into... I have been training to run in the Ragnar Relay Las Vegas in early October. The training mileage and time has really kicked up in September and I have been exhausted and a big complainer about how much pain I am in. These past 2 weeks have been really hard, with some serious doubts about my ability to do this physically and emotionally. I don't know what I was thinking?!? I am scared, excited, nervous, anxious....I am a jumble of nerves. My team is all women, mostly novice runners that I just met (except one person). I met some of them for the first time a couple weeks ago and will meet the rest the week of the race. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers, I'm gonna need them!

No comments: