Monday, October 19, 2009

Ragnar Victory


I have not had a chance to post about my Ragnar Relay adventure, because I have been crazy busy since I got home. I am still feeling a lot of excitement and energy about it 10 days later. It is such a mix of the most challenging thing I have ever done combined with the funnest thing ever (I must have a hole in my head). It is a very interesting feeling.
My top 12 memories about Ragnar Las Vegas:

  1. The 11 friends for life that I have made through this whole experience: Cheryl, Melanie, Christine, Laura, Kellie, Tifany, Rachel, Libby, Jaime, Wendy and Lisa. I think you are all amazing! You are REAL women.
  2. Boom Boom Pow

  3. Laura and pumping. That is dedication.

  4. Kellie hyped up on energy supplements, and a fractured femur! Amazing!!

  5. My 3rd run, being 4.4 miles instead of 4 and wondering if I was lost and it taking me me over an hour because I had to wait through at least 8 traffic lights that took 2-3 minutes each.

  6. Having to pee in a really nice neighborhood in Henderson and getting bit by something on my bum while doing so.

  7. Melanie running her 3rd leg, just after spending a whole night throwing up. Way to go!

  8. Christine and Cheryl's completely uphill runs!

  9. At our 1st rest stop, just laughing, talking, everyone letting their guard down and being themselves.

  10. The meltdown on Friday night. Not my most shining moment, I apologize for my less than civil behavior and language.

  11. The confirmation that you can conquer your physical and mental limitations when you set your mind to it.

  12. Cheering on and providing support for our other half of the team. I'm bummed we couldn't all be in the same vehicle.
Me, Laura, Melanie, Kellie, Christine & Cheryl at the start.

Me and Christine at the Finish!

Cute sign that Kenzie, Christine's daughter made and was waiting when we got home.

Celebratory cake that Ed made.

3 comments:

Dacia said...

Congrats! Way to go with the running!

Cami said...

That is awesome and so inspiring!! You are a go-getter Yolanda!

kellieanne said...

This was such a great experience for me! You were so fun to be with. Thanks for the memories, laughter and fun!